28 September 2008

The World's First F1 Night Race


:: 27 September 2008
:: Marina
:: Singapore

Today, I was at The World's First F1 Night Race, it's like everybody from around the world travelled to notice this first in the world's history, an F1 Race held at night. I am not an F1 Race fanatic, the only F1 race I knew that time was the race game we play on our Nintendos when we were kids and I never won on that game. hehe!

I didn't know that hearing the race cars zooooom in front of me (I can't see them I could just hear them) would give me this thrilling, exciting feeling. The energy of the people ...it's contagious. I never liked crowds but this afternoon I sooo welcome the crowd. I like seeing people so happy by just hearing the zoooom of the race cars. Even children enjoys watching the race. They look so cute with their ear-muffs-sort-of with different colors because the sound of the race cars zooooom is really loud. We tried to avail of the walk-in entry pass to the race but alas! tickets are sold out! It's good that my friend's company have this open house (sort-of) that employees can bring with them their family and friends so we were able to get a view of the race but this view would mean 33-storey above the race track.

I've brought with me my Nikon D90 (yey! I got it just today!) and before the race begins I tried taking pictures of the race cars in practice. Taking picture with a glass in front of me and 33-storeys high from the subject is really a challenge. At first I took shots of the race track and it looks good however for the race cars they are so blurred since they are moving (and they're really fast. of course!), good thing my former team mate whose a photography addict was there and taught me the correct ISO, shutter speed etc to be able to take a picture of the race cars. 

Shown are the pictures before and after my team mate adjusted the setting. I'm a newbie I still don't know the hoops and loops of photography and I've just bought my camera. Haven't really read the manual. Disclaimer!!! hahaha! 

“All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson

No comments: