25 May 2008

Wanderlust


Wanderlust is a German loanword that is commonly defined as a strong desire to travel or a strong desire to explore the world.

I came across this word from a book (actually it's a pocketbook from Summit Media Publishing) I've read back when I was in college, by the time I finished that light but very interesting book I wanted to travel and explore the world. Even when I was a kid, I love travelling. I don't get sick riding any kind of transport. I remember my cousins getting nauseated whenever we have to go to Manila for some Christmas Shopping (we don't have malls in Lucena that time). Now that I can (somehow) travel on my own I wanted to make that dream a reality. I'm planning to at least see places and even countries (if my pocket permits. hehe!) every 6 months. Different places would be easier to achieve. Different countries, I'll try my very best. Hehe! In the process of making this dream a reality I wanted to dedicate this blog entirely for my travels and places that I have visited, be it here in Singapore, back home in the Philippines or anywhere in the world that I would happen to travel and explore. 

Warning!!! Disclaimer???
As I am an emotional blogger, this blog might be in some way at sometime not purely focused on my travels. I'll try my very best not to put my other personal stuff (i.e matters of the heart) on it. haha! I have my other blog to vent all my frustrations and hopeless dreams anyway. I hope that you (whoever happens to read this) will enjoy my stories and my pictures of the cities, places, countries (hopefully!) that I will come to see, travel and explore.

P.S.
I'll also include events and any gathering/convention/shows that I enjoyed. Happy Wanderlusting! :)

“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” - Lao Tzu

No comments: