29 June 2008

SGP Toy Convention







:: 28 June 2008
:: Suntec Convention Hall
:: Singapore

When I was a kid I love toys (I even sleep with them specially the new ones). I think it's only when I started high school that I stopped buying toys because I think I'm too old for toys that time. hehe! There is this Toy Convention here in Singapore and my friends, who are toy lovers (even if they're old already for toys), told me to register online for this convention because they are giving away freebies. Since there is no harm in registering and I don't have anything to do on weekends and the freebies is just so tempting, I obliged. We went there at around 9AM and the convention center is really jampacked with people of all ages. I thought we will be the oldest people but I was amazed that there are people older than us that are really toy addicts. We came across an Auntie with her son (whose a little younger than my age) on the queue and waiting in line to get in. She's so young at heart that she even tag along with her already grown up son on a toy con. And what really amazes us is that they're even going to USA for yet another toy con. She said that the freebies there are more extravagant than the ones given here in SGP. I haven't been in a single toy con back in the Philippines but my friend says that back home they only give posters, so sad :( Anywei I enjoyed the Toy Convention because of the Anime people. They dressed like Animes and Star Wars characters. And if I'm not mistaken they are called cosplayer. (Am I right Ken?) Anywei shown are some of the pictures I took during the convention.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” - Martin Buber

No comments: